Taxonomy refers to the product-category tree in your online store. Taxonomy developmenttherefore refers to the process of classifying products from the high-level product lines, to departments, shelves, aisles and positions similar to a brick-and-mortar store.
Taxonomy refers to the product-category tree in your online store. Taxonomy developmenttherefore refers to the process of classifying products from the high-level product lines, to departments, shelves, aisles and positions similar to a brick-and-mortar store. It is vital to clearly categorize the products in your online store. A good and right taxonomy design enables shoppers to swiftly and logically find the exact product they are looking for. Basically, product taxonomy development process involves the following:
- Gathering of product data or current product categories
- Analyzing and reviewing product data or categories to avoid redundancy
- Building category tree, standardize data, define attributes, and taxonomy mapping
- Categorize and normalize the product base on the appropriate taxonomy
- Quality check to the end product.
Products can therefore be filtered to leave only the right product that the customer is looking for.
Why develop a good product taxonomy?
It is often a major turn off for a visitor or shopper when a particular e-commerce website’s product category is overwhelming and ambiguous. This usually takes shoppers enormously long time to find the product they are looking for. When this happens, the shopper will more likely leave your online store and will surely never bother to visit your website ever again. Smart product categorization is therefore the key to get a reasonable amount of conversion rate and in establishing a pool of loyal and regular customers.
Product taxonomy is of paramount importance. However, the process of developing product taxonomy is quite challenging and time-consuming. To save your business from the stress and hassles of product taxonomy development, you can outsource this to Data Factory Hub.
Why Choose Data Factory Hub as your partner for Product Taxonomy Development?
- The team starts with the fundamentals. The development process will begin through determining a particular product that needs to be assigned to a particular SKU. Categorizing will then become much easier when the products are already distributed over SKUs.
- The team of Data Factory Hub is extremely meticulous and has keen eyes for details. The team reviews each and every existing product category on your online store prior on making corrections or improving your business taxonomy.
- To optimize the benefits of having a good product taxonomy, the team does keyword research to achieve consistency between the commonly searched terms and your category titles. This helps boost your page ranking in the major search engines.
- The development of product taxonomy is done in a manner wherein the product category will be in a manageable, optimum size- not too boated with voluminous products nor too small.
- The end-product will be meticulously reviewed to ensure there are no errors. This is in accordance to the commitment of providing clients with the highest possible quality of services.
A good product taxonomy development can make a huge difference for your business. Make sure it is properly done by the experts so to make the most out of its advantages. For a professionally crafted product’s taxonomy, just give Data Factory Hub a call.